Sunday, October 14, 2007

An Apple Pie Weekend

This weekend was nice. We didn't do too much, mainly due to the fact that most of our friends were out of town. The girls went to DC, to do tourist-type stuff. Charing was getting her kitchen floor re-done, and I'm sure the other girls were wrapped up in something exciting.

Saturday, Moose and I went shopping for some much-needed clothing. I bought him several pairs of pants, and two pairs of feety pajamas. Also, a cute pair of house slippers.

That evening we used an Outback gift certificate that we had been saving, and watched the UK game at the bar. Cory picked up a new game, Flat Out Ultimate Carnage because he beat Halo, which I think he had mixed feelings about. He was happy to beat it, but unhappy it was over, kind of like a good book, I presume. (that's how I identify anyway...)

Today we did the grocery, and this afternoon I made my first from-scratch apple pie. It turned out very good, and Cory said it was the best he had ever tasted. He may be biased though. Look how pretty:

I used my cookie cutters to cut out apples instead of normal vents on the top crust! Ah, the things that make me happy...

Thanks for the emails and comments about our Sophie problem. I appreciate everyone's advice. I'll keep you updated on the situation.