Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Little Boy's Boo-Boo Pt. 5

We had our final appointment with the hand surgeon yesterday. I took off work early and Moose and I made the trek across town for the 3:15 appointment. We waited in the waiting room for 30 minutes before they called us back! Then! We waited another 20 minutes in the actual exam room.

All of that for the doctor to come in, look at his healed finger, and tell us he was healed and to go! Moose did tell her that his finger "was all better now," thanks Mimi:)

Well, maybe I got a little more info, but I was still pissed about the unreasonable long wait, with no explanation or excuse. (of course, I didn't ask either, so...)

She said that it could take up to a year for the fingernail to look normal again, currently it is growing back in layers.

Apparently the reattached finger piece is hyper-sensitive. This was slightly alarming to me, considering he fell the other day and told me he hurt his finger, and I told him to suck it up, that he was fine. *oops*

So the doctor advised that we buy some Children's Mederma for the slight scarring. She also recommended massaging the finger, from base to tip, to restore the normal sensitivity. It will take a few months.

So we are all done with the appointments, and looks like we are pretty close to normalcy! The original Boo-Boo happened on May 2, so it's been about one and a half months total recovery time.