Tuesday, February 20, 2007

15-Month Doc Visit

Well unfortunately, I don’t have a fabulous story to tell about the check up, unlike the 12-Month Bobble Head Episode. Mainly because I was not there. Cory ended up taking him today, I had a dentist appointment. (yes, another one)

Actual conversation between myself and my husband:
Me: Wow, welcome home! How was Moose’s check up?
Cory: Fine.
Me: What did the doctor say? Anything interesting?
Cory: No.
Me: Well, what did he say about Moose walking on his toes?
Cory: He said it was fine.
Me: (grrrrrr) So-you have nothing to share.
Cory: Nope.
Me: (sigh) Alrighty then.

As it turns out, Moose has realized that Bad Things happen at the doctor’s office. Like shots and ear exams. So he recognizes Dr. M as a Bad Person who does Hurtful Things. So of course every time he sees him now, he starts to cry. He did this the last time I took him in, I was hoping it was a fluke, but not so much. Cory did say that Moose cried as soon as Dr. M started advancing towards him. So hopefully he will grow out of that soon.
::
On a better note, no wait, it’s not really better. It’s kind of annoying actually…anyway, on a different note (there we go) Moose has all kinds of surprises up his sleeve. I was making dinner yesterday while Moose happily played with his fridge toys behind me. All of a sudden, I heard paper ripping.
I turned around, and saw that he had ripped a huge chunk of wallpaper off of the wall! A big chunk! Now we are planning on painting the kitchen eventually, but it was not high on the priority list! Maybe it’s just been moved up. Especially since he keeps picking at it every time I turn around! He ripped off another big chunk today when I was on the phone!
So my Baby Safe Zone has been compromised by wallpaper. Quite annoying.
::
To end on a good note, here’s the stats:
Height: 30 inches, 10-25th percentile
Weight: 23 lbs. 8 oz. 25-50th percentile
Head: (oh yeah baby) 19.5 inches, >95th percentile