Sunday, March 2, 2008

Domestic Goddess Tip #3

No ground breaking tips this week. I did find a wonderful recipe that we tried and loved, so I thought I would share it.

Southern Pop Pork Chops
Pork Chops
1 Cup Coke or Pepsi (mine was from a flat 2-liter)
1 Cup Ketchup
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar

Quite simple isn't it?! Mix the ketchup and coke in a bowl, pour over the pork chops in a baking dish. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top.
Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.

Actual reactions-
Cory: "Hmm. This is definitely a keeper."
Moose: "Mo CHOPS, Mo CHOPS!!" "PEEZE MO CHOPS!"

I will add that the sauce drenched the pork chops in my pan, effectively covering them totally, I didn't just brush it on or anything. When in doubt, add more sauce, that is my motto while cooking.

We all enjoyed this recipe, and the super simple minimal ingredient list might actually be a tip, now that I think about it! Sometimes simple meals are delicious and cost effective.

*for those of you asking about the crock pot recipe I made last week, and never shared-it was not good, that is why I didn't post about it:)