Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Long Time No Blog...

Here are some pictures from Cory's birthday party:





Sorry we've been a bit busy. I know, it only takes a few minutes to post. I should make the time. So-here you go-I'm making the time!
Two weekends ago:
Friday we joined up with Jenn, Sarah, and Rhi, and waited in line with about 1000 other people at Joseph Beth, for the new Harry Potter book. It was a blast! We met for dinner at The Pub, a thoroughly English bar, (to get in the HP mood;) which was very good. Cory and I had never been before, so we were trying everything. Excellent food. Good beer. Great company. What more could you want? After dinner we headed over to get in line. Jenn and Sarah brought chairs and we sat outside in the very crowded line. We people watched, ate ice cream, and gossiped excessively. Then at approximately midnight we were handed our very own treasured copy of the new Harry Potter book. We both have finished it now, and to not ruin it for anyone else, I'll just say that I enjoyed it, and I believe it was the best written of the series.
Saturday we visited Cory's work friend, Bill's house. They had a cookout. I brought Alice's Famous Mint Ice Cream Dessert with us. It was a big hit, as always. I even had to give the recipe out.
I have no idea what we did Sunday, so it's safe to say that we had family dinner at M&Ds, and that was probably it.
During the week I got another ear infection, which has still not cleared up. I actually made an appointment at the ENT for the 17th. So hopefully he can do something for me. This is getting ridiculous. I'll keep you updated. Also-I will take Jenn's advice and call ahead to see if the doc is running late on his appointments:)
Emily came in to visit on Thursday, for Cory's birthday. We celebrated at Murray's on the patio which was SO NICE. We had a great time. Almost everyone was able to come, we ate, drank and were very merry. Em headed home on Monday.
We got our new mattress today. Luckily right before my Mother-in-law and sister come and visit this weekend. I just got the new bedding put on, and it looks really cute. I'll take a picture later, after I get some stuff for the walls. Our new mattress, for our bed is very awesome. We got a sleep number bed. And it is so comfortable! Can't wait to sleep on it tonight. I'll keep you updated!
As I mentioned, my MIL and SIL are coming down tomorrow to stay for the weekend. We are really looking forward to seeing them. Our plans to go North and visit keep getting put off. Cory has used all of his vacation time with his knee surgery. He only has a week left, and we don't want to miss Christmas this year, so it is allotted for that time.
We have no plans for when my MIL and SIL come, which is always the best, because then we can sit and gossip, or go shopping, whatever strikes us. Should be fun. Hopefully I will have some good pictures to share.
Have to run dinner is almost ready. Love to all!